Day 2 of blogging: so far, I seem to be able to stay on top of it. Just give it time, I'm sure I'll drop off of here sooner or later.
Today was mostly filled with friends, new and old. I had breakfast with my friend Rachel from Baylor/engineering, and we talked wedding plans, bachelorette party, work and life, living in Houston, and next steps. (Um...when did I get this old?) So good seeing her and I cannot WAIT to be in her wedding in April!! There's at least one more planned trip to Houston.
After a Best Buy run and a stroll through Barnes & Noble (both incredibly satisfying experiences every single time), I met up with Erica and her friends Annabelle, Britney, and Colleen. We ended up at a restaurant called Niko Niko's, which has both Greek and American food. I was full on breakfast, so I ordered a side and appetizer to go lighter. Right? WRONG. They gave me a ridiculous amount of hummus and pita chips AND bread slices. The feta fries (yes, you read that correctly) were a pile of delicious french fries with tons of feta cheese crumbles adorning them. No complaints here on the serving size - I (and everyone else) snacked on both throughout the whole lunch. I had a blast with them. Meeting new people is just awesome.
Also another Erica up and called me from Dallas which was an awesome surprise. Can't wait to visit her once I get back home! All my friends have scattered in the wind across America. It's kind of cool.
And THEN I got to see Abigail!!! Hooray! She and her boyfriend dropped by Erica's for a few hours and we caught up on life, laughed, and looked at Pinterest. Typical. I definitely miss that girl - she always manages to put a smile on my face!! :) <-- see?
All in all, great day filled with food, friends, fun, and furry things (Abigail, I hope you appreciate my alliteration skills because I whipped them out especially for you).
Houston came through on relaxation and good people. However, it's time to pick the pace up a bit....
New York City, here I come!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment