“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Seize The Day: Celebrity Sightings and Broadway Musicals
That's right, Texas. Today was awesome, and it was freaking 74 degrees.
Today, I walked. And walked and walked and walked.
Kali and I started the day off with a breakfast at a small restaurant called Il Marretto on 11th Ave. and 53rd St. Lunch consisted of a panini de parma (toasted baguette with mozzarella, lettuce and prosciutto de parma) and a chocolate soufflé. It was absolutely beautiful outside, so we ate outside where we saw a beautiful, beautiful man walk by. ...lunch was good, too.
Sometimes, I feel like I could live here. Sitting outside a little Italian restaurant with delicious food, wind blowing, a glass of wine and New York City.
Among other random errands, Kali indulged me in my obsession with Auggie from Covert Affairs (yet another awesome USA show). I had the great fortune of reading on Twitter yesterday that Chris Gorham (who plays Auggie and is just lovely) was going to be at the NBC Store at 4pm. Um....yes please.
And friends, he is just as beautiful in person. He is also just as adorable and sweet as he seems (and as Auggie seems). My goodness...I was on Cloud 9. I mean...look at him. He's adorable.
But seriously, look at him.
Right? And I'm telling you, we had a connection. It went something like this:
Me: "You're my favorite part of the show! It was the best timing, because I just got to New York yesterday."
Him: "Aw, thank you! That's awesome. Is it Brooke with an 'e'?"
Me: "Yes."
True love. This is what it looks like. Drink it in.
He forgot to remove his wedding ring for the photo, but I let it slide. He's had a busy day. Speaking of the photo, here you go:
After that wonderful experience, we hit a few stores before dinner at Delta's, a Cajun place at 9th and 49th, where:
a). We met up with Kali's best friend Savannah, who I met last time I was here. She is always entertaining!
and
b). I had a BBQ pulled pork po-boy and the best sweet potato fries I've ever had.
Now, onto the best part of the day:
OPEN THE GATES AND SEIZE THE DAY!!!
Yes, we were on the sixth row to see Newsies on Broadway. And guys, it was amazing. Also, Evan and Jess from SYTYCD were in it!!! I was freaking out. Roles were shifted around tonight and there was a different guy playing Jack Kelly (usually a Delancey brother), but he KILLED it. There was an amazing tap dance number to go with King Of New York, which exceeded expectations. They were using metal spoons at one point. I'm not even kidding.
After a stop at Walgreens for soda, chips and salsa, candy and Redbox, we finally headed home. Movies: Wanderlust (funny but really weird) and 21 Jump Street (which, sadly, I had not seen before) which is currently playing while I write this blog post.
Therefore....I'm signing off. Not sure how detailed I should be because I don't do travel blogs really. Someone please let me know if this is boring and/or pointless and I should change it up.
Seriously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment