I hate early flights.
Now that's out of the way, so I'll continue. Flight to Philadelphia (PHILLAAAY!!! -according to Barney Stinson) was great...to Laguardia was a little rough. Let me tell you friends, chronic motion sickness seriously puts a damper on your travel plans. But I managed to maintain a balanced equilibrium long enough tiger off the plane, then hopped a bus to Manhattan! I've only ever used the subway, so I was pretty proud of myself.
It's interesting how after coming here a few times, the experience of coming into the city changes. Now that I've been here a few times, I feel more like I "fit in" if that makes sense. I know where I am and how to get where I'm going, I can actually answer people's questions...it's a cool feeling.
I finally got to my friend Kali's apartment, and after dragging my suitcase up 3.5 flights of stairs, we headed out for dinner and a night on the town! Dinner was at a Mexican food place called Blockhead's. It was good, but let's get one thing straight: nobody does chips and salsa and tex-mex better than Texas.
Then it was off to Forever 21 at Times' Square to look for dresses. Afterword we ended up hanging out at one of her local handouts, Malloy's Pub (pretty sure that was the name) and we hung out at the bar for a few hours talking about all manner of things. Again, YouTube videos played a big part. I got to talk with her friend that was working the bar - His name was CiarĂ n and he was Irish. His accent was fantastic and he was really awesome. Lots of conversation and chilling ensued - it was a great night all in all! And I got a hug and kiss on the cheek goodnight from an Irishman, so I've got that going for me...which is nice.
Today I saw on Twitter that Christopher Gorham (Auggie on "Covert Affairs") will be at the NBC Store at 4....I guess I know what my plans are tomorrow afternoon. Stay tuned to see how that turns out. I'm hoping for a picture along with an autograph, but we may only end up with a far away stalker photo. But I have high hopes.
No comments:
Post a Comment