So: I am committing myself to write in this blog at least every other day. If I get behind, someone please bug me about it.
I decided that I needed to keep up with my travels this month - it's going to be unforgettable, but writing things down never hurts! For those of you that don't know me (or I haven't caught up with in a while), here is a little background on me:
I just graduated from Baylor University (sic 'em) in May with a degree in electrical & computer engineering. I turned around and got my brother married off, ran away to Austin for a few days to participate in a songwriting workshop and competition (which was…awesome), then interned all summer with Texas Instruments. In the midst of all of that, I decided I needed to go travel for a while before beginning my "real" life. Who knows what that will bring or where it will take me, but I'm taking myself on an adventure first.
My journey begins with a road trip to Houston to visit college friends, then moves to New York City where my high school friend Kali and I will tear up the town and indulge in our "Newsies" obsession. After that, I'll traverse southern Europe from Madrid to Rome. Ready…set…
HOUSTON!
What's up? Your traffic still sucks as much as the last time I was here, but I'm warming up to you.
I won't get into much detail about this leg of the trip, mostly because it consists of catching up with friends, eating, setting up this blog, driving, and watching The West Wing. Also, showing said friends the Gangnam Style video, which is somewhat life-changing. Old roommates, Sing chairs, sorority sisters, fellow engineers from Baylor and friends from home - it's crazy how quickly you realize how much you miss your friends from college. They all seemed to end up here in H-town… maybe I should move here, too. But that's another post entirely.
For now, I leave you all with some pictures and brief highlights, because I feel like I owe you something for reading through this prologue post. Don't worry - I've got some exciting stuff planned, so stick around. It's about to get good.
Erica's awesome apartment, where I'm hanging my hat for a few days:
Dagny and I posing for a picture… she turned the tables real quick.
Thus far, the highlights include:
- Hanging out with Erica at her place and playing with Dagny - cutest/weirdest dog ever
- Catching up with old roomie Aimie, who took me to Smash Burger (delicious), and accompanied me on a Starbucks run for old times' sake; YouTube, life discussions, making music, and dancing around the room ensued
- Lunch with Jon - a friend from home that I haven't seen in forever - to catch up on life! Lunch took place at Local Foods, which was delicious and I highly recommend it to all who are reading this
- Coming soon: catching up with fellow engineer (and future bride!!!) Rachel, and hopefully sorority sister Abigail before heading for NYC on Sunday morning
Thanks for following along with me - I can't wait!!! Now, time to get back to pizza and Say Yes To The Dress.
Stay tuned…
No comments:
Post a Comment