So, today's plan was to walk around the gardens of the Villa Borghese for a good while and continue riding on my bus tour to see the city.
And then it rained.
All day.
So what did I do instead? I did what any red-blooded American girl would do in place of sightseeing on a rainy day. I went shopping.
This actually turned out to be a lot of fun, as there were a lot of odd European styles to try on. I had a lot of fun with that... :)
Observe, the outfit I would never ever pay money for:
And the outfit I would (...and did) pay money for:
Right? That shirt is ridiculously comfortable and the skirt is amazing. I love it. And yes, for those of you wondering....I bought those shoes as well. "When in Rome," right? ...right?
I made my way down Via Corso ducking in and out of shops until I came to Piazza Popolo, one of the things on my list for today. At least I got that one. Here is a picture of the entrance to the piazza:
Pretty cool. And that was right by the entrance to the Villa Borghese, which was also on my list. However, it was still raining. So I scratched my stroll through the gardens. :(
I wanted to stop by the Santa Maria Maggiore before dinner and heading home to pack, but when I got off the subway, it was raining even more. All day the umbrella salesman had crawled out of the woodwork, and I'd said no to at least 15 of them, and that's not counting the ones I managed to avoid completely (not exaggerating at all). The church was still a few blocks away, so I found a nice little restaurant for dinner. Last night in Italy - obviously, I ordered lasagna!
The rain never let up and it was getting dark (and chilly) early, so I gave up and headed on home. Not exactly what I had planned for today, but it was a nice lazy last day in Rome. Oh, and I spotted some "football" players on the metro:
Now it's time to pack and head back to New York City. Next time I post anything, I'll be back in AMERICA!!! What's up!!!
Love the outfit!!!!!
ReplyDelete